Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HomeMade Apple Pie - Pretty & Delicious!

I decided to bake an Apple Pie for Thanksgiving this year and since I get my free Subcription to Better Homes and Garden due to MyCokeRewards.com......I saw a Recipe for Cranberry-Apple Pie. Now I didn't include the Cranberries but the rest was wonderful!

CRUST
I use a Recipe from the November Magazine that was easy enough, however took a little bit of time. (about 30-40 minutes) but I would dare to say FOOL-PROOF! Why would I say that? Well I did exactly as the recipe said but my crust didn't turn out anything like the picture (plus I didn't have a PASTRY BLENDER). Nevertheless, the crusts were wonderful after all was said and done!!!

I will use it again! To see the Recipe go HERE. It's also on Page 178 of the November 2010 BHG Magazine.
Then for the Apple Pie Recipe I also got this from The November 2o10 BHG Magazine (page 182). Or you can go HERE for the Recipe. Because I don't have any special tools, I did all of the peeling, de-coring, etc myself for the apples. This too me a good hour to do. After this everything else went fairly quickly. (about 30 minutes).



Since the Pastry Recipe makes 3 Servings (two were for the crust and one serving was for the topping of one of the pies), I needed another topping. So I made a strudel Topping which was just as delicious, just slightly different!




No comments: