Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our new Life together

Alex and I have now been married for a whole 8 1/2 months. The almost full first year has been one packed with great memories. One's that I journal in hopes to share with our kids someday for a good laugh and/or lesson-to-be-learned. I wouldn't trade for anything, the love and life Alex and I have shared thus far. My time with him pushes me more in love with him every day and I love that, through thick or thin, he is my partner/lover/best friend for life.
When I was picking our our "Blog Title" I struggled with coming up with something catchy, cute and accurate. I started to pick the Cruisin' Constiens bc I feel that God has and will keep us moving. Cruising is defined as "sailing about in an area without a precise destination: e.g. for pleasure." Alex and I know we have a direction that points to God and pleasing Him in all that we do. However, when God asks us to move, sometimes or mostly, we may not know why and for what reason. We only have our directions to the next point, not the end destination. So with great joy/pleasure, we say YES and we go without knowing the "precise destination." Sounds like Crusin' Constiens could be a great fit. But then I thought of another one: Curious Constiens.
We all know the books "Curious George", with the monkey who is always getting into something and somehow getting into trouble but finding an adventure along the way. Now, before you start thinking the Constiens are nothing but trouble, let me explain! Between the two of us, we love to try to understand and learn from our past. And even though neither us love drama, go looking to get in the middle of anything, so how get get there anyways. I just chalk it up to living life. I think that is all George ever does, which is a wonderful illustration for my wonderful Alex. I tell him he is more "curious than causes" (quote from the Incredible Hulk Movie). He thinks more about enjoying and experiencing everything rather than what would be the outcome. I love to understand and one of my first words in life was "why" but to compliment Alex's personality, I tend to be more of the man in the yellow hat. I think about the outcomes and what needs to be accomplished before the adventure can happen. That is where God has perfectly paired us up for each other. Alex helps me to just be and live in order to not miss such great adventures. Where as I can assist in thinking things through when necessary to get to the rest of the adventures. Seeing how and why God paired us up together is just ONE of the many ways God has imprinted His fingerprints upon our life as the Curious Constiens.

No comments: