Friday, July 9, 2010

Now is it Sarah Brown or Sarah Constien?

>Funny thing happened yesterday....I get a phone call from my sister asking if I was still married!? Ha Ha! I know, too funny huh?! She was laughing as she asked me and we got a good kick out of the story as well. It reminds me of the game called "Telephone" where one person says something and then the next person repeats and by the time you get to the person at the end of the line....the end statement is not even close to the original statement.
Here's what happened. The Singles minisitry I work with has been blessed with this wonderful woman that worked for us, Mrs. Adrienne Varnadoe for the last year. Well she was offered a full-time position at the church which lead to us needing to hire a new Adminstrative Assistant this passed June. Out of all the outstanding applicants to apply, the one we all agreed on was Sarah Brown (my maiden name). She accepted and has been apart of our staff for about 3 weeks now.
Sidenote: She is actually a friend of mine from college. And we got married the same year. I went from Sarah Brown to Sarah Constien in July and she went from Sarah Roberts to Sarah Brown in December!
Anyways, back to the story....So as her name is circulating through the Fellowship curciut (staff, ministries, etc) some people who didn't know any better thought I had gone back to my maiden name and that Alex and I were getting a divorce!
Now anyone who knows Alex and I or have ever been around Alex and I know that we are still very much married and in love! Most of the time we just can't keep our hands off each other! (running theme we hear from our parents) But it started with someone asking \a question about us, to then someone asking a question and making somewhat a statement to someone asking a question, etc.....until it got back to my sister who just got a kick out of it all together! Don't you love it!!! I can't stop smiling/laughing about it every time I thing about it!
So to be clear, I Sarah Constien, am married and I couldn't be more happy to be Alex Constiens Wife.




Also I know that Sarah Brown is going to be just as much of a blessing upon this ministry as Mrs. Adrienne Varnadoe was and is in her new position with the Communication Ministry!

4 comments:

RachaelKBrown said...

Sure love you and your HUSBAND both!

Unknown said...

Hey I went to High School with Sarah!! Crazy.

Steph. said...

Sarah, I figured that had to be the explanation. I just hadn't had the chance to call and ask about it. So glad you cleared that up! Love you and miss you!

More Curious than Cautious: The Constien's said...

Love you too Sissy! Crazy how you know Sarah, Missy! Love hearing from you Steph! Glad I can start to clear the air :-)