Thursday, August 19, 2010

Come to me, all who are burdened....

Have you ever had a day, or a week or a month, of where your to-do list grows every time you mark something off. Or when you accomplish one task there is another 5 waiting....answer one email and there is another ten in your inbox....wondering when are you going to find the time to get it all done and yet still find REST/RESTORATION!
If your answer is Yes, then I can relate to you. The last couple of weeks, I feel like I am going from one thing to the next, squeezing every second out of the day as I possibly can and my to-do list the longest I have seen in a long time.
I was starting to feel worn out and wondering "How am I going to accomplish all of this when all I want is a Nap?".... But then God gave me this verse this morning,

Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest,

and in the Message Translation,

"Are you tired? Worn out? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll RECOVER your life. I'll show you how to take a REAL rest."

What a great since of peace that came over me! All I have to do to be restored is to get away with my LORD and I can recover! He will show me what REAL Rest feels like! So I am leaning on him and getting away with Him as He Restoreth my Soul! Wont' you do the same!?

No comments: