Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bumps along the way


My sweet husband has worked so hard in his effort to finish out his best semester ever for his undergrad! I could not be more proud of him for his effort, discipline, dedication and how he continues to inspire himself. This blog is also inspired by him....since it's about him!

As Alex was finishing up studying for one of his last finals on Monday, he finished early and decided to go on a quick mountain bike ride around Lake Fayetteville. Even though he has ridden this trail many times before this time was a "trip". He hit a tree root sticking out of the ground (admittedly going maybe a little faster than should at this point) and instead of riding over it, Alex went over the front of his bike. YIKES!

Meanwhile I am at work for my usual Monday meetings. I see I missed a call and text from Alex telling me he is on his way to his final. However when I call him back he says, "so um, I kind of had an accident earlier. I've been to the doctor and I don't need stitches so no worries, I'm fine." So I don't worry as how he feels but by the time I get home here is what I find,







Yes, those are gaping holes in my hubby's sweet lip! And yes it really is that swollen (no camera tricks or camera puts on ten pounds!)! Even still, right now he can't move his face or smile or chew...poor sweet baby!
Please pray for safe and quick healing. Pray there isn't any permanent damage and that we can get back to being two crazy kids making out! I miss those lips (sorry everyone but it's true and I would still appreciate your prayers! The heart wants what the heart wants!)

No comments: