Thursday, July 9, 2009

1 Year of Marriage Down and Looking forward to the Next 50 PLUS


Sunday was our first year anniversary! The first year flew by and I have to say it was a great First Year. I was thinking back on all the things we did, what new things we tried and new memories we made, lessons we learned and here a few things I came up with:

  • Becoming Mrs. SEC (Sarah Elizabeth Constien)
  • Buying our first Car together
  • Getting kicked out of our Hotel on our Honeymoon night due to Fire alarms (long and funny story)
  • Leading a Mission Trip of 20 Singles in their 20's after being married 5 days and then going on our Honeymoon (completely a God Thing!)
  • Going to Jamaica together
  • Scuba Diving for the first time together and first time in Open Waters (seeing a nerf shark, albino flounder, lobster & more)
  • Zip Lining through a Rainforest TreeTop
  • Kayaking in the Ocean
  • Couples Massage
  • Making all of those Returns & Exchanges of Gifts (two full 4-Runners worth & me not allowed to make returns to Wal-mart for a whole year! lol)
  • Cutting all of my hair off and your mo-hawk for Turkey Bowl
  • Your Christmas Tree Costume for leaders Christmas Party!
  • Learning to Fly Fish
  • Going on hikes together
  • Our First Christmas together
  • Playing t
    he ICE together, staying at my parents during the storm of January 2009. Praying I wouldn't lose you when you were rewiring the house for the generator :-)
  • Learning you are a great and messy Cook
  • Leading a small group together
  • Learning you will vacuum and mop if I will clean the toilets
  • Learning to how to combine two people's schedules (school + ministry) - (that's on going)
  • Skiing together at Winter Park and partly losing each other in a mini blizzard
  • Guatemala Summer Mission Trip of 2009 (enough said)
  • Dancing in Antigua to live band
  • Going Canoeing together for the First time (great times)
  • A Weekend to Remember Get-a-way
  • Going to our First Midnight Movie ever (Transformers II)
  • Our First year Anniversary Adventure to the big LR
  • Going to Wild River Country and being Kids together
  • Riding a bikes along the river and seeing Deer along the way
  • Brunch at the Clinton Museum
  • Falling more in love with Alex every day and how he still takes my breath away every time he kisses me.
  • Experiencing what a great listener you are
  • Finding my one True Love ( my husband, Alex) He stretches me in ways that make me a better person.
It's truly has been a year for the Books and I can't take God enough for allowing us such a blessing. It has not only be wonderful to finally experience the joy of marriage but it has been a hug Faith builder in my relationship with my God. Seeing how He answered my prayers for years and years and when my Lord answered, He went beyond what I dreamed! Thanks a bunches to my one and only Heavenly Abba!

No comments: