Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Did you know your parents get older?

Have you ever noticed with each passing birthday, year after year, you parents secretly are getting older? Or how one day you just see them in a different way?
My dad played football and any other sports for decades and had 5 knee surgeries (on the same knee) between now and then. However he has always been so active, involved and on the go. He has been this focus to reckon with and never have I seen him physically week. Just the strong, big, former defensive tactic that towers over the majority of people; literally. I still see him exactly as I remember him at age 8 and definitely not as a man getting older. Today, at age 54, he had a knee replacement surgery and when he came back, it was the first time I saw him as a man getting older. What a weird feeling to see him in a different light. I still see him as that ageless man but today was the first time even noticed, that parents age too. Their bodies are as ageless as they are in our minds.

Love you daddy!

2 comments:

NILO Production Company said...

Hi Constien's!!! I love the blog!
I tried to email you, Sarah, after you sent me that absolutely wonderful email, but it got kicked back to me for some reason. I also tried emailing you at your old address...So, this is the only thing I could think of doing to contact you.
You two are such a great couple to look up to! Lori and I talk about your first meeting, or first glance as they are calling it now, all the time Alex! It was awesome!!!
Sarah, please email me again so I can have your address. I'm not sure what happened???
We love you guys and will be praying for you!
Sincerely,
Nic

More Curious than Cautious: The Constien's said...

Thanks Nic. So sorry I am just seeing this post. I has been so focused on blogging that I am just now learning how to manage it more so! I'm so glad you got the email. I will definitely try getting you our address!