Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God's Perfect Timing

Today I had one of those devotions where you can almost literally hear God Himself speak to you what He has been trying to tell you. Today was about trusting God and his timing. As you may, or may not know, my job requires me to lead a mission trip every year and this year, through a course of events, God has lead me towards Haiti. We felt like ten was a good number, so we reserved the spots but have yet to a complete roster. We usually set a deadline in hopes to know the teams and then start working on support raising, training, etc. Well that deadline was a week and a half ago and we are still lacking 2 people. We have 8 of the 10 spots filled and my heart skips a beat when worrying about who those other two people are.
My struggle is how I still worry even when God continues to give me confirmation when I begin to grow anxious. He obviously wants us to go help these people and work with Thirst No More (the non-profit we are going through). However, my flesh grows weak as I wonder how and when things are going to come all together. Will I do my Lord proud or will I fail Him? And even worse, when I start to worry with my boss is going to think of me instead of what God. I know shame, shame, shame, on my name.
However, this morning when I read my little Devo book, Grace for the Moment:Volume I by Max Lucado, I read, "Just in Time". Daniel 6:16 says, "May the God you serve all the time save you!"


It's from the story Daniel and the lions den and the king is praying for Daniel safety. Daniel fears not, in the mist of LIONS, that God is going to save him! Again, these are hungry, massive lions that could tear him to bits in seconds. Nevertheless, they didn't sidetrack him from praying to God and trusting that God knew what He was doing with Daniel. And what happened? Daniel lived to serve another day, all due to God's Perfect timing! Because our Lord could have saved him before even being thrown in with the beasts; but He didn't.
Which brings me to the second thing I read, "led by the Spirit". "True children of God are those who let God's Spirit lead them." Romans 8:14. Daniel was a true child of God because he didn't just read the word or talk about God, he allowed the Holy Spirit to move and led him in all that he did. He trusted the trinity and allowed the Spirit to guide him.....
Because, "His Will... be done", which is my final point I re-learned with God today. "May your kingdom come and what you want be done, here on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10. The thing is, God is so big, that we can't even begin to understand or describe the dynamic of Him. He the most powerful! He can and will do as His Will says. What we forget is that God allows us to be apart of the journey. He allows us to make our own decisions and to work along side of Him, but ultimately, if we don't choice to serve He will find someone else. And when we do accept the task we are to trust his Will.
So for me, if God desires for someone to go and help the people of Haiti along with 9 other people, He is going to provide everything we need in order to get there. So I need to keep my eyes on my Savior and let the Spirit be my guide. Because my God will never leave me nor forsake me and because is Seldom Early but NEVER LATE!

No comments: