Wednesday, November 24, 2010

25 Days of Thankfulness

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Thanksgiving is a time for us to reflect upon what we are grateful for. Below I have listed my 25 things I am thankful for! (I picked 25 since Thanksgiving falls on November 25):

  1. My God! My Lord and Savior has freed me from the bondage of Sin and given me new life through Salvation and Loves me every day unconditionally!
  2. My Husband, Alex Constien. I know how few quality men are out there, especially ones that are also wonderful Men of God. I am grateful for the Man Alex is. He is my best friend and my partner for life! He lifts me up when I need it, loves me unconditionally, has faith in and completes me in every way! What a BLESSING he is in EVERY WAY GOD MADE HIM!!!
  3. Parents! My parents have taught me so much in life and have prayed me through just as much growing up! They showed me what a really loving and covenant marriage is supposed to be. My mom taught me what a woman of faith is and my dad showed me how to expect a man of honor/faith to treat me. They continue to love and support our Marriage (even though they are still learning how to spell my new last name, LOL).
  4. In-Laws. David and Vickie are Alex’s parents but I feel love from them as I do my own parents. Again I have heard horror stories of In-Laws and I am grateful for such loving and warm welcome into such a gracious family. Also for the wonderful job they did raising such a wonderful man that I am PROUD to call my Husband!
  5. My Sister! Rachael started life as complete Opposites and even though we aren’t really the same now, God has blessed us by transforming a sibling rivlry into a new found Friendship. I admire my sister for where she has been in life. How she has allowed God to use that to get where she is now and wherever God is going to take her next. I am grateful I get to serve our God and ministry together and the unreserved support/love I know she will always give.
  6. Family! I'm thankful to have family (aunts, uncles, cousins Grandmother)! I know how precious life is and how quickly you can lose a loved one. So I'm grateful to have family and to have opportunity to love one another.
  7. Friends! Enough Said!
  8. My Sister-in-Law and my nephew! Robyn is a lot like Rachael. We might not be a like in some ways but I know she has a huge heart of which she has graciously extended to include me. I’m thankful I can see her as a Sister and Friend! Tyler her son, is a joy to watch grow-up! Especially when I am told he is a complete replicate of my Alex! I am grateful for my other sister-in-law and look forward to getting to know her and their family more so. I am grateful for when I do get to see them!
  9. Not Moving! I think I counted once that we moved 12 times in 20 years (give or take). We have been in Fayetteville since 1995, allowing is to spend time with extended family; of whom we only saw on Holidays. And now being married, when we actually do have spare time, we can all the sooner see our families who are all here in NWA (for the most part).
  10. Laughter – LIFE could be so DULL & BORING with out this one! And Corny Jokes! I know their Corny BUT I LOVE THEM! They are easy to remember and give you a good Laugh!!! (JOKE: Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate(8) 9!)
  11. Peanut Butter! ENOUGH SAID!
  12. Mac-n-Cheese! Again ENOUGH SAID!
  13. Getting Sick! I really don’t enjoy being stuck in bed or having to take any medicine. Nevertheless, I was sick the last two weeks (roughly) and the time off was a breath of Fresh Air! I am grateful for that break!
  14. My Job!
  15. A roof over our head, food on the table, clothes in my closet and our mode of transportation. After going to Haiti last summer, these are things I know I am spoiled to have and grateful to have them!
  16. Bitsy, our sweet kitty!
  17. Deer. They give my husband that he enjoys and when he is blessed with one from a hunt it puts food on the table.
  18. Beaches!
  19. Freedom! God bless all who have, are and will give of themselves so that we might have the privilege of the freedoms we have in this Country!
  20. Electric Tooth brushes! They have saved me from having any Cavities for YEARS! (and I do not enjoy going to the DENTIST!)
  21. Thunderstorms! As I’m typing this I can here thunder rolling, YAY!
  22. Miracles! I believe these still happen everyday in our lives. They are messages from God that He is here, He hears us and provides according to His will! They Make the Lord's Presence KNOWN!
  23. Cameras! I love being creative with shots, capturing Memories and revisiting them repeatedly! All of which is possible with Cameras!
  24. My Education! It is a privilege and College was some of the best years of when I was discovering who I am.
  25. Holidays. Some of my best memories are all on a Holiday. There is family time, time away from work/school, great food, lots of laughs and a wonderful time of reflection on how blessed we ALL really are.

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

No comments: