Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday week!

September was so busy that before I knew it, the month was over and I had full intensions to blog about the month. But then before I could event download the pictures, October came and went as well! So I will do my best to sum it all up as great as possible....

SEPTEMBER
I know this is a hard thing to start off with but this our life. We had a young man enter our life and within just a few seconds, Alex saw him leave this life. Blake was a 19 year old that was dating Alex's cousin and while at the lake Alex witnessed him have a heart-attack. The great news is he accepted Christ just 3 weeks earlier! Praise God for His Grace and Salvation!
There were 2 other friends of ours that experienced a lost of someone young. The weekend was a challenge to see death as a reality that life is short! What is the Legacy you are leaving?!
The following Sunday at Fellowship was a sermon to help start healing this void by speaking on the Passage of Mary tell Jesus (after the passing of Lazarus) "Lord if you had been her earlier, my brother would not be dead." The passage is such a comfort for the feelings we have when we lose someone so unexpectedly and how Jesus sympathizes with our feelings but has a plan in the end.
Things got better by God providing us with the joy of going to the Hog's home games. What a Birthday present for us both!
I had my birthday and got this White Fossil Watch I have had my eyes on all year! Please that weekend,
Alex did out typical birthday breakfast and Bikes Blues BBQ visit (that was the first night we spent visiting with each other when we first met!) We had frozen yogurt at the Midnight Berry on Dickson Street.

The Good Year Blimp was in town for the first big game of the year for the Hogs! Plus I got this super fun Chore Chart Cartige for my Cricut and now we are organized in keeping the house in order.
Then we Celebrated everyones birthday together with myside of the family.

Then there was OCTOBER
We celebrated Alex's birthday with his Sister and Nephew by cooking steaks, had buttercream cupcakes and Alex playing video games with his Nephew. We love that kid! We went to several Fayetteville Bulldogs to support our favorite Player Tyler Tipton #63! Go Dawgs Go!
Alex got his Deer Hunting on in Booneville (at Deer Camp) while I headed North to Point 11 in Missouri for the Singles Fall Retreat! It was so hard being so far apart but we made it!
Alex slaved away for school and has done AWESOMELY! God has been so faithful that where Alex puts in the Study time, God has be there ever class and test to help Alex Glorify God in his grades!
The Singles ministry I work for, then put on our Annual Costume Party and have a great turn out with lots of great fun and costumes! This year we had a photographer come in and do a photo-booth! So fun!

And Now its NOVEMBER!!!

Tonight is Daylight savings time (which did you know not all states recognize this? They never fall back or spring forward! Craziness!) Anyways, since we FALL BACK and GAIN AN HOUR TONIGHT...I'm off to bed to GAIN THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP!


No comments: