Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1st Day of Christmas...Heavy Laden

It's that time of year....FINALS! Alex is studying hard and keeping long hours at the Library. I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD of him working this hard and being so dedicated! Where I saw God today and found my joy.....
is that my parents had basketball tickets to the Arkansas vs Oklahoma game tonight. They couldn't go and nor could my sister. I had something but it got cancelled so I picked up Alex from School at 7PM to go to the game and we GOT A WHOLE 2 HOURS TOGETHER!

This is a big deal for us these days and God knew we needed the time together so He provided our schedules to open up and for an opportunity to arise that we could do something together!

God says in Matthew 11:28-29,
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for you souls."

Something as material as Basketball tickets might be a want and how they were provided might be seen as luck. But what I see is my God gave Alex rest from study and gave our marriage rest. I take JOY in my God taking my heavy laden and Give Thanks to my LORD!

No comments: