Wednesday, December 1, 2010

If I could, I would...Christmas!!! {Part 2}

I'm still stuck on how I would decorate for Christmas. What theme, what colors, how much or less is more? What kind of tree or garland......It's almost like planning a wedding! And I love Planning Weddings!!!!

So first I think decided on what Tree is the beginning of it all....

Upside Down -vs- Right side Up
For me this is a no-brainer...I'm just not that into the Upside Down tree.

Next is REAL -vs- ARTIFICIAL TREES
I see the joy in going to pick out a Real Tree and how it feels the house with Christmas Scents. However I grew up with Artificial trees and I am too much of a practical girl. So I invest once in a "on-sale" tree that is PRE-LITE! I remember every year putting those crazy lights on, taking them off and then trying to untangle the next year. The PRE-LIT os so worth the MONEY!


TO FLOCK or NOT TO FLOCK?
I have grown fond of this look. I know its fake snow but I gave this ago this year on my $15 4ft tree from BIG LOTS and I love it. I have nothing on my tree but the Flocking from a can and I really enjoy it.


COLORED LIGHTS -vs- WHITE LIGHTS
Again I grew up with White Lights but I am torn on this one. I love the fun playfulness of the colored but I lOVE the glow a room gets from the white lights.


THEME
This is endless so I just picked out a couple that I thought were neat/pretty! Take a look below!

{Family Tree with Pictures of multiple Generations on it}
{Turquoise & Silver}
This makes me think of my Sister and my Mom! We all love Turquoise!

{White & Gold}
So clean looking and elegant at the same time

{Just Flocking & Lights}
This is what I have right now but only a 4ft tree. it's still pretty!

{White & Rustic}

{Traditional}

{Gold & Red}

{CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS TREE}
My family loves Charlie Brown Christmas so I had to include this tree you can get at Target!

So what is your Taste......
Real or Artificial?
Flocking or Not?
Colored lights or White?
Themes?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!! We got a real tree this year. I grew up with artificial, but Mike grew up with real. We used colored lights which we both wanted and our theme is Cozy Country (just make that up) in dark red and chocolate brown. :) I love it. I'm sure I will put a picture up on my blog soon. Happy Decorating!!

More Curious than Cautious: The Constien's said...

I saw your Christmas decorations on your blog and every cute! You are quite the homemaker! I love the color scheme you picked...some of my favorite colors.