Sunday, December 26, 2010

We are Pregnant!!!

Earlier this December I started a series of blogs where I would write where I found God in each day until until Christmas.  However I stopped writing where I found my Savior after December 12th. The reason being was everywhere I found God was in this great news that Alex and I got on December 10th.

Alex and I stopped not trying (taking birthcontrol) back in October.  We were not trying but not "not trying" either.  Early December, I started to feel different. I was due to start my monthly cycle around December 5th.  My Chest was more tender and swollen than usual.  My stomach felt tight but now from the working out.

December 5th came and went.  Before I knew it, it was Thursday, December 9th.  While I was googling the symptoms of pregnancy, Alex walked up to me and said, "o.k., I have to say this but I think your pregnant."  I said, "I think you might be right!"

So the next day, we had already planned to go to Walgreens to get "as seen on T.V." gifts for a Christmas party.  We were pointed to this aisle where most of these gifts were.  What else should be on that aisle were the Home Pregnancy Tests.  Next think I know I see Alex is asking me which one is a good one and he is picking one out for us.


We went home and I took both test.
Directions:
Urinate for 10 seconds on the stick, lay down on the counter for the test to do it's job for the next 30 seconds to a minute.
By the time I was done, laid the sick down and go to flush the toilet, the stick was done blinking and now showed a result,



I couldn't believe how quick that was, so I had to go for round two.  This time I let it sit in a cup for 20 seconds and again didn't take the whole time needed to again have the same results,


TWO FOR TWO
So then wanted it to be official so we ran to my family doctor (since my OBGYN was closed already for the day).  The did an official Lab work up on me and within 20 minutes we were 3 for 3!  We were Officially PREGNANT!

We just couldn't believe it!

So needless to say, where I have found God in my life since December 12th is in me!
We have to keep this to ourselves since December 10th, finally telling Alex's family the weekend before Christmas when they were all together and then Christmas Day, we told my family!  I'll post a blog in a couple of days with pictures and stories for each.  

We had a doctors appointment with my Gyno on December 15th which is when they told us (at that time) I was 5 weeks 3 days along (which is about the size of an Orange Seed).



Due Date is August 15th!


3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so completely thrilled for you and your families!! The whole experience is something you'll never forget!!

More Curious than Cautious: The Constien's said...

Thank you! I have been told that and the experience has already been one I will never forget! Haha!

Mary said...

Yippee, congratulations Sarah and Alex!! So excited for you guys! :)